Living a totally busy life leaves little time for us to really converse deeply with our loved ones. In such cases, it is advisable to make the best use of whatever little time you have, be it just 10 minutes or an hour. Keeping your bonding with your loved ones needs to be strong. To keep it going, here are 10 things you MUST do to ensure you’re in deep connection with your loved other half.
1. Go to bed at the same time – You already spend the whole day apart. Added to it, you get together in your bed at different times. This is nonsense! This will only make you stay disconnected. Maybe you just brush your teeth and get under the covers, get together to bed.
2. Exchange “I Love Yous” – Despite all the boredom, anxiety, frustration, and annoyances of the day, sleep only after letting your partner know how much you truly love them. That’s so important. Say it with all the energy left.
3. A good night’s sleep – Although this may sound boring, indeed it is compared to the romantic kisses, $ex, and cuddling, a good night’s sleep is crucial for your rest. It boosts your mental strength and relieves you of stress. It is imperative you develop healthy sleeping habits.
4. Unplug your phones and other devices –When your partner is engrossed in their phone, you feel they are just not present. This makes few couples introduce rules like “No phones in the bed” etc. Social media can really destroy your active social life if you pay too much attention to it.
5. Don’t try to settle unresolvable issues – Though people advise, “Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry”, smart couples understand that it is not a good strategy to pick up issues, especially those on which both of you disagree, at night! Create connections, not divisions.
6. Practice gratitude – Expressing thanks and appreciation for each other is a good job. Otherwise, your spouse may feel their efforts are being glossed over by you. Let them realize you appreciate their efforts.
7. Chat about the day & open up their feelings – Healthy couples discuss the external stressors they face in their daily life, with their partner. There is no need on your part to undertake to solve their issues. Just let them unwind their feelings. This empowers them to solve them the next day.
8. Keep kids out of the bedroom – For privacy and close connections, it is advisable you encourage your kids to sleep on their own. Although, nightmares and illnesses may keep them inside, motivate them to sleep in the adjacent room, that you are just a shout away!